Taneja main hoon, mark idhar hai:
I work at Yash Raj Films as the Head of Development of its youth wing, Y-Films. I’m also the Associate Producer on all Y-Films series and Creative Executive Producer on its movies. I am also General Manager for Y Films, YRF Brand Partnerships and YRF Talent.
I host a YouTube show about TV called The Awesome TV Show; curate the Mumbai Film Festival’s section on the digital narrative, PLAY; write for Open Magazine as a freelance correspondent, have a radio slot at 94.3 Radio One where I give TV recommendations on “Drive Mumbai” every Tuesday, and teach at Jai Hind College at the Professor for TYBMM Students of Journalism.
Bragging Rights: Have given a TEDx Talk on Kindness titled ‘Don’t be an A**Hole’.
I am a Producer & Creative Director/Director:
– Director of a short film for India Today as part of the India Today Conclave: Kids Read Sexist Comments #DontGrowUp
– Associate Producer of Sex Chat with Pappu and Papa (2016)
– Associate Producer of Ladies Room (2016)
– Associate Producer of The 6-Pack Band (2016) [Winner of the Cannes Grand Prix Glass Lion and Honorary Webby Awards Winner]
– Associate Producer of Bang Baaja Baaraat (2015)
– Associate Producer of Man’s World (2015)
– Creative Exec. Produced the India Ke Hunger Ki Bajao Campaign (2015)
– Creative Exec. Produced the Ching’s Ke Deewani TVCs (2015)
– Creative Exec. Produced the YepMe ‘A Fresh Take On’ Campaign (2015)
– Creative Produced Anurag Kashyap’s thriller TV series MTV Traffic (2014) [Winner of Best Social Service Programme, Indian Television Awards, 2014]
– Produced Anurag Basu’s TV film, Real FM (2014)
– Produced Nikhil Advani’s TV film, Shaadi Vaadi & All That (2014)
– Produced Abhinay Deo’s TV Film, The Girl in Me (2014)
– Produced Shoojit Sircar’s TV Film, Stupid Cupid (2014)
– Produced Rohan Sippy’s TV film, Picture Perfect (2014)
– Produced and Edited Anurag Kashyap’s TV Film, Trippin’ Goa (2014)
– Exec. Produced the fiction TV Series, MTV Reality Stars (2013)
– Creative Executive Producer of Bank Chor (2017)
I am a screenwriter
– Have written story and co-written screenplay and dialogues on Y-Films’ Darr 2.0 (2017)
– Created and wrote the fiction TV series, MTV Reality Stars (2013)
– Wrote the India Ke Hunger ki Bajao TVC (2015)
I am a YouTube Show Host & TV Critic.
– I write and host a show for Anupama Chopra’s YouTube Channel, Film Companion called The Awesome TV Show
– I am a TV Critic for 94.3 Radio One where I give weekly TV recommendations on ‘Drive Mumbai with RJ Erica’
I am a Journalist and Critic.
– Entertainment and Culture writer for Open Magazine (2012-present)
– Columnist and TV Critic for Man’s World (2015-2016)
– Contributing Writer for The Juice (2015-2016)
– Columnist & movie critic for The Sunday Guardian (2014-2015)
– Columnist & movie critic for Firstpost.com (2012-2013)
– Columnist & critic for MTV Noise Factory (2011-2013)
– Hollywood correspondent of MTVIndia.com (2012)
– Sr Correspondent & music critic for Hindustan Times (2008-2011)
– Correspondent and Columnist for Khaleej Times Group (2001-2008)
– Freelance writer for Huffington Post, HT 48 Hours, The Quint, Yahoo.com, Super Cinema, Times Crest, Sunday Mid Day, Young Times, Salaam Bahrain, JAM, HT Brunch, and more.
I am a curator of the Mumbai Film Festival (MAMI)
– Curate and host the section on digital narrative, PLAY (2015-present)
– Handled publicity and promotions for MAMI prior to that (2013-2014)
– I am a Professor and Guest Speaker/Lecturer at various colleges
– Professor of News Reporting for TYBMM Journalism, Jai Hind College (2011-present)
– TEDx Speaker at SRCC, New Delhi
– Have given Guest lectures/talks at
a) IIT Kanpur
b) IIT Mumbai
c) IP College for Women, New Delhi
d) Symbiosis College of Engineering, Pune
e) DY Patil School of Engineering and Technology, Pune
f) NIT, Kurukshetra.
I am an anchor, host and moderator (and many-a-times, panelist).
– Panelist (as a representative of Y-Films) at India Film Project 2016, Indian Screenwriters Conference 2016, Orbit Live Industry Conclave 2016, NFDC Film Bazazar 2015 and more.
– Moderated a panel featuring True Detective director Cary Fukunaga and another on the web series revolution at the Mumbai Film Festival 2016
– Moderated a panel featuring TVF, AIB, and many more at the Mumbai Film Festival 2015
– Have hosted the Mumbai Film Festival’s section on digital narrative, PLAY since 2015
– Anchored The IIT Mumbai Film Festival (2014)
– Anchor for MTV India Digital (2012)
– Host of Wince, Bombay Elektrik Project (2009-2010)
– Host of many events across Mumbai including bar crawls.
I am a Creative and Business Consultant.
– Consulting Business Director, Grapevine. Co (2014 – Present)
– Content Consultant, Mumbai Film Festival (2013 and 2014)
– Content Consultant, Full On Trippers, Zee Cafe (2010)
– Consultant, Danish Documentary, ‘Fra Herlev til Bollywood’ (2010)
I am a Digital Media Strategist and Creative.
– Editor of Creative and Content, Viacom 18 (2010-2012)
– Creative & content strategist, MTV India (2010-2012):
*Project Manager of Coke Studio @ MTV (2011)
*Project Manager and Creative Lead of various other properties
– Creative & content strategist, Paramount Pictures & Viacom18 Motion Pictures
*Project Manager of Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol (2011)
*Project Manager of That Girl in Yellow Boots (2011) [Winner of Best Entertainment Website, Indian Digital Media Awards, 2012]
*Project Manager and Creative Lead of various other films including Super 8 and Captain America: The First Avenger
I am an author.
– TV Section, Scholastic Yearbook 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017.
– Contributor, Engineering Admissions – Top Colleges in India
I am also:
– Founder of Tweeple Film Awards or Twi Fi Awards (2011)
– Blogger for MTV Roadies (2009)
FIND ME HERE:
IMDB: Nikhil Taneja
LinkedIn: Nikhil Taneja
AboutMe: Nikhil Taneja
FB Page: /Tanejamainhoonpage
CONTACT ME HERE:
FAQ: WHAT IS THIS TANEJAMAINHOON?